The testing laboratory for textile materials and products offers, in cooperation with other ITC laboratories, a comprehensive range of services in the assessment of quality, safety and health safety indicators in textiles. In addition, the laboratory specializes in the assessment of personal protective clothing, from the very simple designs up to the most sophisticated ones, such as fire fighters’ garments or clothing for explosive atmospheres.
Links / Downloads
SPHERE OF ACTIVITY OF THE LABORATORY
- Linear textiles - Fibres, threads, yarns, cords
- Apparel fabrics - Fabrics, knitted fabrics
- Ready-made garments - Clothes, clothing
- Piece goods - scarves and shawls, ribbons and braids, ties, hats, socks, table linens
- Furnishing fabrics - Upholstery fabrics and knitted fabrics, upholstery, mattresses
- Floor fabrics - Carpeting and wall-to-wall carpets, carpet tiles
- Other furnishing articles - Blankets, decorative fabrics, bed linens
- Technical textiles - Geotextiles, tarpaulins, fabrics for thermal and sound insulation
- Fabrics for vehicles - Car seat covers, seat covers for public transport
- Protective equipment - Clothing, gloves
- Tests of fibres - Linear density, staple length, tensile strength, flexibility, contamination, etc.
- Tests of yarns and threads - Linear density, strength and elongation at break, knot, loop, twist, design, irregularity of material, widening, abrasion resistance, shrinkage in hot air or in boiling water, water absorption, etc.
- Testing of fabrics and apparel articles - Thread count, weight indicators, dimensions, permeability, strength characteristics, shifting of threads in the seam and in the fabric, permeability of liquid under pressure, water repellence, capillarity, water absorption, water vapour permeability, permeation, penetration, spray test, changes of dimension and/or design after treatment, abrasion, wrinkle resistance, resistance, pilling, flammability, drape, stretching, resistance to fungi and bacteria, stiffness, elasticity, electric resistance, measurement of testing dimensions, verification of the ergonomic features of clothing and clothing parts, resistance to drops of sprayed molten metal, fit to the body-shape, the assessment of structure, etc.
CONSULTING, ACCEPTANCE TESTS
- Technical inspection
- Statistical quality inspections of production charges and commercial deliveries
RELATED ITC SERVICES
- Conformity assessment by Authorized Body 224 and Notified Body 1023
- Product certification by Accredited certification Body 3002
- Voluntary certification mark “ITC CERTIFIED QUALITY”
- Standardization service, technical information
- Accredited certification Body 3020
- System certification (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, HACCP, ISO 22000, ISO 13485)
- Technical inspection
Ing. Irena Látalová
Institute for Testing and Certification
Laboratory for Textile Materials and Products
trida Tomase Bati 299, Louky, 763 02 Zlin
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Ing. Irena Látalová