Electrical safety | LVD
Electrical equipment may be marketed only if it meets the technical requirements defined in Appendix I to the Directive 2006/95/EC, setting forth the technical requirements for low voltage electrical equipment and if it has been manufactured in accordance with sound engineering practice in terms of the safety principles applicable in the European Community, and provided that there is not, in the case of its proper installation and maintenance and its usage for the purpose for which it was made, any danger to the safety of persons, domestic animals or property. For the purposes of this Directive, considered as low voltage electrical equipment (hereinafter referred to as "electrical equipment") is any device designed for use at a voltage of 50 V to 1000 V for alternating current and at a voltage rated as between 75 V and 1500 V for direct current, with the exception of the equipment and phenomena listed in Appendix II to this Directive. Conformity Assessment with the requirements of Directive 2006/95/EC is conducted through a procedure of internal control of production, in accordance with Appendix IV to this Regulation, and the manufacturer or the authorised representative shall affix the CE marking to the item and issue an EC declaration of conformity. The participation of the Notified Body is not requisite.
Links / Downloads
SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- Testing in the Accredited Laboratory No. 1004 and No. 1004.3
- Technical inspection – statistical inspections, inspection certificates
- Voluntary certification
Certification mark „ITC certified quality“
- ITC grants a license for the use of the quality mark, which is granted to the products where high standard of safety and quality parameters has been proved by certification and where meeting the prerequisites of the producer for continuous quality compliance has been proved through inspection visits.
- Standardization services – search for standards, analyses of technical information, borrowing of standards
- Certification of management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001)
Ing. Pavel Vavra
Institute for testing and certification, a.s.
Testing laboratory of electrical products
686 01 Uherske Hradiste
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Ing. Pavel Vavra