Footwear | Related Materials and Products
The testing laboratory is the only specialized department in the Czech Republic offering comprehensive testing of footwear, haberdashery and related materials. The department picks up the threads of the Baťa shoemaking tradition and the activities of the former state testing laboratory and the leather research institute.
Links / Downloads
SPHERE OF ACTIVITY OF THE LABORATORY
- Materials - Leathers, furs, synthetic materials, textiles, plastics, rubbers, cardboards, etc.
- Semi-finished products, components - Outer soles, heel lifts, inner soles, laces, toe boxes, counters, etc.
- Footwear - Work, sport, walking and formal footwear, slippers, children’s footwear, etc.)
- Haberdashery - Gloves, handbags, suitcases, hats
- Leather garments and fur products
- Strength characteristics tests - Tensile strength and further tear strength, drawability, tearing strength, strength at stitch break, bond strength of material layers, seam strength, etc.
- Tests of material surface finishing - Rubbing stability of the surface finishing, resistance to frequent bending, adhesion of the finishing, abrasion resistance, artificial light stability of the surface finishing, resistance of the finishing to increased temperature and impact, grain break testing, resistance to organic solvents, etc.
- Tests of sorption properties - Water vapour permeability, absorption and desorption, water absorbability, etc.
- Quality tests for inner sole, outer sole, heel lift materials, outer soles and heels - Material abrasion resistance, density determination, stress-strain properties, structural strength, dynamic stress resistance, shock testing of heels, further tear resistance of outer sole, dynamic stress of finished footwear, etc.
- Tests of finished products - Water permeability, footwear rigidity, heel and outer sole attachment strength, seam strength, energy absorption of footwear, compression resistance, carrying capacity of haberdashery articles, weather resistance, sports ball properties, parameters of baby carriage straps, corrosion of metal components, testing of heat and cold insulation properties
- Assessment of anti-slip properties of footwear
- Tests of other mechanical and physical properties of materials and products - Dimension measurements – thickness, width, length, height, weight, hardness, resistance of parts to liquids, swelling properties, torsional rigidity, measurement of through-put electrical resistance, etc.
- Chemical analyses, health safety tests (in cooperation with the analytical laboratory)
- Flammability, ageing tests (in cooperation with the physical laboratory)
Ing. Petra Škabrahová, Ph.D.
Institute for Testing and Certification, Inc.
Laboratory of leather materials and footwear
Area Svit, building number 34
762 17 Zlin
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Ing. Petra Škabrahova, Ph.D.