Playground equipment covers all equipment and structures, including components and structural elements, that can be used by children to play outdoor or indoor, whether individually or in groups, according to their own rules or for own reasons to play, which can be changed at any time. Testing laboratory No. 1004 provides a complex set of evaluation and testing services to ensure safety of the playground equipment and to assess its conformity pursuant to harmonized standards.
Links / Downloads
SPHERE OF ACTIVITY OF THE LABORATORY
- Climbing ropes
- Climbing frames
- Small structures designed to play and enhance the children’s skills
- spatial network
TESTING OF PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT
Testing of physicochemical properties, health safety of materials including the surface treatments, the absorbing properties of natural and artificial playground surfaces, resistance to weathering, and other parameters by Accredited laboratory No. 1004.
|EN 1176-1||Playground equipment and surfacing – part 1||General safety requirements and test methods|
|EN 1176-2||Playground equipment – Part 2||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for swings|
|EN 1176-3||Playground equipment – Part 3||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for slides|
|EN 1176-4||Playground equipment – Part 4||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for cableways|
|EN 1176-5||Playground equipment – Part 5||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for carousels|
|EN 1176-6||Playground equipment – Part 6||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for rocking equipment|
|EN 1176-7||Playground equipment – Part 7||Guidance on installation, inspection, maintenance and operation|
|EN 1176-10||Playground equipment and surfacing – part 10||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for fully enclosed play equipment|
|EN 1176-11||Playground equipment and surfacing – part 11||Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for spatial network|
|EN 1177||Impact absorbing playground surfacing||Safety requirements and test methods|
|Calculations for thermal, wind and snow loads|
Other ITC services related to conformity assessment of playground equipment
- Monitoring of playground equipment safety - Technical inspection ITC provides for people installing their playground equipment and for organizations running these playgrounds a long-term supervision of equipment safety and absorbing effect of playground surfaces within the meaning of the standard ČSN EN 1176-7 - Playground equipment - Part 7: Guidance on installation, inspection, maintenance and operation, based on an individual contract about the inspection.
- Granting of licenses for voluntary certification mark "ITC Certified Quality" ITC grants a license for using of quality mark which is provided for products where has been proven by certification a high level of safety and quality parameters and also by inspection visit form to perform assumptions of producer for permanent quality keeping.
- Standardization services - research of standard, analysis of technical information, loan of standards.
- Court appointed expert services
Dipl. Ing. Radim Mikac
Bc. Josef Vanek
Institute for Testing and Certification, Inc.
Testing Laboratory for Building Materials and Products
trida Tomase Bati 299, Louky, 763 02 Zlin