Piping systems, hoses
Piping systems is a general denomination for a large group of products designed for both indoor and outdoor distribution of liquids and gases. From the point of view of introducing products to the market and ensuring minimum safety, piping systems fall under the Construction Products Regulation No. 305/2011 of 9 March 2011 (EU – CPR) repealing, with effect from 1 July 2013, Council Directive 89/106/EEC (Construction Products Directive – CPD). ITC laboratories are equipped with unique testing equipment to examine a wide range of mechanical and physical properties including health safety, functioning and safety tests.
Links / Downloads
PRODUCTS TESTED IN ITC LABORATORIES
- Plastic piping systems for fuel gas distribution
- Systems for gravity, vacuum and pressure sewerage, wells
- Glass-laminate piping systems
- Drainage systems
- Indoor sewage systems resistant to lowered and increased temperatures
- Pipe sleeves, tubes and micro-tubes for optical cables
- Sealing components (joint fillers, teflon straps, O-rings)
- Plastic and rubber hoses
TESTING OF PIPING SYSTEMS
- Strength at permanent internal overpressure of pipes, valves, assembly components and systems
- Tightness of pressure systems under constant internal overpressure, under recurrent pressure and temperature changes, under vibration stress, etc….
- Tightness of sewage, waste and gutter systems
- Resistance to slow crack propagation
- Abrasion of sewage pipeline
- Determination of creep factor for sewage pipelines, creep and relaxation behaviour of tubes and materials when pulled or bended, welding factor, etc.
- Resistance to temperature cycles of floor drains, gully traps and other accessories
- Pull-out tests
- Impact tests
- Material properties (density, melt flow index, thermal oxidation stability, dimensional stability, stress-strain properties, Vicat heat resistance, etc.)
TESTING OF HOSES
- Static pressure tests (internal overpressure – at operating, testing and failure levels; changes in length and diameter at overpressure)
- Tightness under recurrent pressure and temperature changes, under vibration stress, etc.
- Bend strength tests (at various temperatures)
- Vacuum tests
- Layer bond strength
- Ageing resistance (ageing – in heat, ozone, xenon discharge lamp light, etc.)
- Material properties of hose jackets and tubes (pull tests, resistance to liquids, etc.)
- Gas permeability
- Flammability tests; ignition resistance
Mgr. Roman Dlabaja, Ph.D.
Ing. Jana Nadenickova
Mgr. Jan Kopriva
Institute for Testing and Certification, Inc.
trida Tomase Bati 299, Louky, 763 02 Zlin
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Mgr. Roman Dlabaja