Household products comprise a wide range of articles including all products used in the kitchen and for household maintenance (except for chemicals, furniture and textile furnishings). Depending on their specific application, the products are subject to legislative measures to ensure particularly their general safety and health safety. ITC provides complex laboratory services in full scope of the technical requirements in relation to products coming into contact with foodstuffs and drinking water as well as to electrical products or products designed simultaneously for care for children under three years of age.
Links / Downloads
SPHERE OF TESTING
- Electrical household appliances (vacuum cleaners, washing machines, driers, kitchen appliances, ...)
- Dishes (porcelain, glass, plastic, rubber, metal, wooden)
- Foodstuff packaging
- Gastronomic technology
- Functional household articles (litter bins, boxes, handles and grips, ...)
EVALUATION OF MATERIALS COMING INTO CONTACT WITH FOODSTUFFS
- The laboratory performs sampling and examination for the health safety of products intended for contact with foodstuffs pursuant to:
- EU directives and regulations (Commission Regulation (EU) No. 10/2011);
- Act No. 258/2000 Coll., on Public Health Protection, and the Ministry of Health implementing Decree No. 38/2001 Coll., on Hygienic Requirements on Products Intended for Direct Contact with foodstuffs and meals. The results of these tests can be fully used as underlying materials to issue a health safety declaration;
- Requirements defined in the Foodstuffs Code of the Slovak Republic;
- Requirements of the U.S. regulation CFR 21 FDA (Code of Federal Regulations, Food and Drugs).
EVALUATION OF MATERIALS COMING INTO CONTACT WITH DRINKING AND HOT WATER
- The laboratory performs sampling and examination for the health safety of products intended for contact with drinking water pursuant to:
- Requirements defined in Section 5 of Act No. 258/2000 Coll., on Public Health Protection, as amended, and the Ministry of Health implementing Decree No. 409/2005 Coll., on Hygienic Requirements for Products Coming into Direct Contact with Water and for Water Treatment. The laboratory is authorized to perform these activities in accordance with Section 83 (c) of Act No. 258/2000 Coll., on Public Health Protection, as amended, within the authorization set D 1.
EVALUATION OF ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY (EMC) – testing of products in terms of radiated interference and in terms of their resistance to interference (Directive 2004/108/EC).
- ELECTRICAL SAFETY (LVD) – testing of products in terms of their electrical safety (Directive 2006/95/EC).
TESTING OF QUALITATIVE INDICATORS
- Corrosion resistance
- Dishwasher resistance
- Microwave resistance
- Resistance to high oven temperatures
- Strength of handles and grips
- Flaking, peeling of surface coatings
- Impact resistance
RELATED ITC SERVICES
- Conformity assessment by Authorized Body 224 and Notified Body 1023
- Product certification by Accredited certification Body 3002
- Voluntary certification mark. “ITC certified quality”
- Standardization service, technical information
- System certification by Accredited certification Body 3020 (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, HACCP, ISO 22000, ISO 13485, ISO 15593)
- Technical inspection
Ing. Věra Vilímková
Ing. Šárka Kopečková
MUDr. Beata Janoušková
Ing. Pavel Vávra
Institute for Testing and Certification, Inc.
trida Tomase Bati 299, Louky, 763 02 Zlin