Certification of products determined for children’s care
Links / Downloads
PRODUCTS DETERMINED FOR CHILDREN’S CARE
- Baby carriages, playpens
- Support seats, travel cots
- Changing units, safety barriers
- Baby walkers, bouncers
- Dummies, dummies’ holders
- Safety harnesses for children, wristlinks and similar products
- Bicycle seats, baby carriers
- Accessories for drinking, feeding cutlery and plates
- Bicycle seats
- Children’s high chairs
IMPORTANCE OF VOLUNTARY CERTIFICATION OF CHILDREN’S CARE PRODUCTS
Products determined for children’s care make a specific group with the common purpose of use: care for infants and toddlers. This group is covered by European standards defining technical requirements with respect to ensuring the essential safety requirements according to the Directive 2001/95/EC – General product safety (Act No. 102/2001 Coll. on General Safety in the Czech legislation).
- As concerns meeting products technical requirements, the directive on general safety does not require participation of independent certification bodies, which would verify conformity of the products’ characteristics to the requirements stated in standards. Only a very small number of manufacturers and importers have their products tested or certified. Unfortunately, this leads to relatively frequent breach of safety requirements, resulting in the monitoring bodies awarding fines and in some cases even in withdrawing dangerous products from the market.
- Voluntary certification offers verification of conformity of the product’s characteristics according to the applicable standard.
- Confirmation of safety and health harmlessness by means of the certificate provides a high degree of assurance that the product will not cause temporary or permanent harm to the child’s health and it also ensures good image of the company within supplier-customer relations.
SERVICES OF THE CERTIFICATION BODY FOR PRODUCTS
- Certification of products (ITC certificate, certificate of the Accredited Certification Body for Products)
- Attestation of products
- Certification mark “ITC certified quality“
ITC grants a license for the use of the quality mark, which is granted to the areas designed for playing where high standard of safety and quality parameters has been proved by certification and where meeting the prerequisites of the producer for continuous quality and safety compliance has been proved through inspection visits.
Ing. Ludmila Antošová
Institut pro testování a certifikaci, a.s.
trida Tomase Bati 5264, 760 01 Zlin
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Ing. Ludmila Antosova