Technical Assessment Body | TAB
Institute for Testing and Certification was designated by the Ministry of Industry and Trade as the Technical Assessment Body (TAB) with the authority to prepare European Technical Assessments (ETAs) and European Assessment Documents (EADs).
The European Technical Assessment (ETA) issued on the basis of an EAD is a way how to mark products with the CE mark and provides an independent assessment of the essential characteristics of non-standard and innovative construction products for which there is no harmonized standard or which differ from it.
The ETA-based CE marking thus allows manufacturers to sell products freely throughout the European market and allows them to introduce innovative products and / or products with new characteristics in the short term.
LINKS AND DOCUMENTS
SCOPE OF TAB´S ACTIVITIES – ITC DIVISION CSI – CENTRE OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Product areas codes according to annex IV of CPR (305/2011):
- precast normal/lightweight/autoclaved aerated concrete products
- doors, windows, shutters, gates and related building hardware
- membranes, including liquid applied and kits (for water and/or water vapour control).
- thermal insulation products. composite insulating kits/systems
- gypsum products
- curtain walling/cladding/structural sealant glazing
- fixed fire fighting equipment (fire alarm/detection, fixed firefighting, fire and smoke control and explosion suppression product)
- circulation fixtures: road equipment
- wood based panels and elements
- masonry and related products. masonry units, mortars, and ancillaries
- structural metallic products and ancillaries
- internal & external wall and ceiling finishes. internal partition kits
- roof coverings, roof lights, roof windows, and ancillary products. roof kits
- construction adhesives
- products related to concrete, mortar and grout
- space heating appliances
- flat glass, profiled glass and glass block products
- building kits, units, and prefabricated elements
- fire stopping, fire sealing and fire protective products, fire retardant products
ADVANTAGES OF ETAS AND BENEFITS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
- Recognition of ETAs throughout the Europe (high international standing)
- Objectivity and independence - only independent Technical Assessment Bodies (TABs) can issue ETAs. Independent assessment strengthens the credibility of product performance information, increases market transparency and builds customer confidence.
- The CE marking improves the sale of construction products and the reputation of companies - ETA allows manufacturers to affix the CE marking to construction products for which there is no harmonized standard or which deviate from the harmonized standard.
- EU Green Deal - sustainable and / or smart products are usually not fully covered by harmonized standards → the ETA route allows rapid commercialization
ITC SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT OF CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS
- Conformity assessment according to the requirements of the CPR, which sets out the technical requirements for CE marked construction products
- Testing of construction products in accredited laboratories No. 1004, No. 1004.3. No.1007.1 and No.1007.4
- Conformity assessment of construction products by Authorized Body No. 224
- Licensing of the voluntary certification mark "ITC certified quality" and "Certified for construction"
- Standardization services and technical information
- Certification management system (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001)
- Conformity assessment by the ITC Inspection body
Ing. Klára Bednářová
head of Technical Assessment Body (TAB)
INSTITUTE FOR TESTING AND CERTIFICATION
DIVISION CSI – CENTRE OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Certification of construction products
102 00 Praha 10