Introduction of pressure equipment for domestic use (cooking purposes) to the EU market is regulated by Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council 2014/68/EU, setting out the technical requirements for pressure equipment. The safety design of pressure cookers is verified by conformity assessment procedures consistent with at least one of the modules intended for pressure equipment in category III.
Links / Downloads
SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT OF PRESSURE COOKERS
- Conformity assessment by the Notified Body No. 1023 according to the Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council 2014/68/EU, laying down the technical requirements for pressure equipment. Essential safety requirements are derived in the usual method based on PS*V product. Pressure cookers for domestic use which show the value under 50, are classified as the category I. However, the design assessment stage shall be carried out according to one of the modules for the category III. A decision upon selection of a module is usually made by the producer based on consulting the staff of the Notified Body No.1023.
Testing pressure cookers in the Accredited Laboratory No. 1004 and No. 1004.3
Testing pressure cookers according to harmonized standards:
- EN 12778 Cooking ware – Pressure cookers for domestic use and related standards
- EN 12983-1 Ovenware – Domestic ovenware designed for stoves, cookers or cooking hobs – Part 1: General Requirements.
Granting licenses for voluntary certification mark “ITC certified quality“
ITC grants a license for the use of the quality mark, which is granted to the products where high standard of safety and quality parameters has been proved by certification and where meeting the prerequisites of the producer for continuous quality compliance has been proved through inspection visits.
- Standardization services (standardization) and technical information
- Certification of management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001)
- Technical inspection
PRODUCTS ASSESSED IN ITC ACCORDING TO Directive 2014/68/EU
Institute for testing and certification, a joint-stock company is notified as the Notified Body No. 1023 for the activities of conformity assessment of pressure equipment. The subject of conformity assessment includes pressure cookers for domestic use, which are to be introduced in the EU market with CE marking.
Ing. Ludmila Antosova
Mgr. Roman Dlabaja, Ph.D
Institut pro testování a certifikaci, a.s.
trida Tomase Bati 5264, 760 01 Zlin
The person responsible for accuracy of data: Ing. Elena Tomanova